Welcome to II Belarusian Translation Forum website!
We would like to invite you to II Belarusian Translation Forum that will take place in Minsk on September 29, 2018. Join us to find new clients and employees, teammates and friends!
Saturday, September 29, 2018
Translation industry experts: in-house and freelance translators/interpreters, editors, correctors, guide interpreters, academic educators on translation/interpretation disciplines, representatives of translation agencies and translation departments, language software suppliers.
There are 2 types of e-tickets:
- For freelance and in-house translators.
- For translation agencies and companies.
For more details on the price of e-tickets, and what benefits they offer, please visit the Price page.
II Belarusian Translation Forum is a non-commercial project yet, it’s partially supported by the sponsors. All raised funds will be used to cover organizational expenses.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
(If you are unable to visit the event, you may present your ticket to someone else, or find a colleague who would like to go instead of you).
Imaguru Startup Hub, 4, Fabritsiusa str., Minsk, metro station “Institut Kultury”
Why is it worth visiting?
- The Forum is an international event – you will listen to the experienced speakers from Belarus, Ukraine and Russia whose presentations will pass in 2 simultaneous streams. Their insightful and diverse presentations will cover audiovisual translation, mastering of new specializations, work planning and calculation of rates, comparison of freelance and in-house translators/interpreters’ activities, elaboration of a new academic tutorial on translation/interpretation, specialized translation and other topics.
- A key subject of the Forum is the functioning of the translation industry association in Russia and worldwide, and the establishment of Belarusian Federation of Translators and Interpreters.
- The representatives of several translation agencies - Nota Bene, Literra Translation Company, Interlingua and Interzone and other companies - will attend the Forum too. This is a real opportunity for you to find a job and be discovered by others.
- All visitors will participate in a drawing of lottery. You can win one of 4 annual licenses for Translation Office 3000 Professional by AIT (translation management system for freelance translators). Also, everyone will be given free codes for AnyCount Standard (software for word and character counting).
- Free access to top 5 videos at Proz.com (for more details please visit the Price page).
- You will get some freebies like memorable souvenirs, photos, selling exhibition of the translated books to Belarusian language published by Halijafy Printing House, sharing experiences with the colleagues, efficient and dynamical networking during 2 coffee breaks, a lunch hour and a dinner in a friendly atmosphere. Please note that lunch and dinner are not included into the price of the event.
Do not forget to vote in our photo contest!
As a part of II Belarusian Translation Forum that will take place in Minsk on September 29, 2018 we arrange a photo contest for the most interesting hobby not related to translation and interpretation. We kindly invite you to support colleagues and vote for photos by liking them! The voting is available at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.563191094096930&type=3. For more details visit this page.
I Belarusian Translation Forum gathered more than 90 members, was supported by Goethe Institute in Minsk and was held on September 30, 2017, the International Translation Day established by the United Nations Organization in 2017 at the initiative of the Republic of Belarus. Our spring meetup on May 19, 2018 was visited by 130+ experts of translation industry. You will find the links to the event’s presentations on a variety of translation/interpretation activities and linguistic mediation at our Youtube channel Translators & Interpreters of Belarus.
You can read the newspaper article on I Belarusian Translation Forum here: «Белрынок»
The contact person, originator and lead organizer of Belarusian Translation Forums is Yuliya Tsimashenka, freelance translator.
Everyone interested in translation/interpretation as a business or hobby are welcome to II Belarusian Translation Forum that will take place in the capital city of Minsk on September 29, 2018! We will be happy to meet you!